I've moved my blog to a new domain. Visit jeffwongdesign.com

fire ants. how to exterminate them?

recently, i had a couple ants appear in my apartment. fortunately, there were about a dozen and i managed to get rid of them. how they managed to get up to the 3 floor of my apartment complex is beyond me. i'm just happy that i don't have an infestation... and i'm even more happy that they weren't fire ants.


i found this video recently that shows a fly that decapitates the fire ant's head by laying an egg on it's body. i've seen other types of flies do this to other hosts before, but i never knew there was such a specie for fire ants.


this was an incredible video about ant colonies and how they build their infrastructures underground. skip to the middle/end. really interesting stuff for anyone who likes architecture.


this one is about termites.

No comments:

Post a Comment